Thursday, August 25, 2005

To MollyWarrenHenryCarrie, who are playing at the beach and are very much missed. . .

ghosts
of small voices
inhabit my halls

they beckon
playmates
to scurry
pillar to post
above my head

outlines of elves
scamper up stairs
breathless
noiseless

does no one hear
but me?

4 Comments:

Blogger orcinusgirl said...

Oh, that was beautiful! Thank you for blessing my day!

~ Kisa

Thu Aug 25, 02:32:00 PM  
Blogger Johanna said...

Oh Cathi... that's a good one. Makes me wanna write a poem, so you know you did it well if I'm inspired. :) I really like this part

outlines of elves
scamper up stairs
breathless
noiseless

Thu Aug 25, 03:38:00 PM  
Blogger Papa said...

I keep expecting Henry to come up to me to help him get something thats just a little too high for him to reach. Like glass objects, or knives, or...But we do miss them

Thu Aug 25, 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

So sweet! The elves are having fun...

Fri Aug 26, 12:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home