If ever I would leave you. . .
98. 99. 102. 100. 98. 100. 101.
I shouldn't have looked.
It's the 7-day forecast for our city...and by the end of August the numbers have been so steady that there's almost no point in checking. While most of the rest of the country is sniffing the air for the first whiff of fall, we're on water restrictions and looking at crunchy lawns and wondering why there are sweaters at Target.
I know, I know...no surprise in south Texas. But for those of us who live here for the sake of jobs or family and not for the weather, it can be discouraging and draining and, well, just plain annoying. I'll try not to complain any more. I've ordered my Christmas cards (thank you Lyric) and I'm dreaming of a.....less brown Christmas.
.jpg)

1 Comments:
Cathi,
I can definitely relate. It's the one thing I did NOT like about living in San Antonio. We miss you all desperately, but are enjoying our 70 degree days, daily thunderstorms (2 inches of hail last Saturday - and Ken was out on his motorcycle!) and the 50 degree nights.
You need to come and enjoy the mountains with me, we'll sit on the deck, watch the hummingbirds and sip tea. I'll even sweeten it if you want me to! :-)
Want me to smuggle you into a suitcase when we come back after Kisa's stint at Sea World Career Camp? I'm sure we'll have room! HA!
I was weeping over your account of CJ's blessing. What a precious time.
Post a Comment
<< Home