No good answers
I am heartbroken waking to scenes of the forcible removal of settlers in the Gaza strip. The irony of Jews evacuating Jews is surreal, and the agony can be seen in many of the faces of the soldiers doing the evacuating. It's a conflict where there are no good guy or bad guys--except for the Palestinians screaming from the distance that they have been victorious by killing so many Jews. Now they are claiming that they will kill enough Jews to take back Jerusalem. I'm afraid that, contrary to the intent of the Israeli government, this pullout will have the effect of increasing the violence rather than decreasing it. We'll be seeing more bus bombings and stonings and grenades in the market places as the terrorist Palestinians are emboldened by what they see as Israeli weakness. In the meantime, patriotic Jews who took great personal risk for their country in order to move to the dangerous Gaza strip are now being treated as encroachers and criminals, leaving behind their homes and gardens and businesses and neighborhoods that they lovingly built over many years. Little did they know that the children of their friends would don army uniforms and drag them away twenty years later. Tragic.
.jpg)

1 Comments:
I agree and have been grieving all morning at these pictures. In their defense, some of those Israeli soldiers have been crying with the families. They are obeying orders but would rather leave the settlers alone. Why do the Jews continue to turn there backs on God? I know, it was predestined... but I cannot help asking.
Post a Comment
<< Home