Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The nice thing about insomnia is that you're wide awake when it happens.

Well, it's late and sleep hasn't come, so perhaps I should try and write myself to sleep. It's definitely more productive than a sleeping pill and doesn't leave me with a morning hangover.

We're taking a few days off from school and it's feeling very good. I'm spending the time on a list of tasks that seem to get pushed to the back burner during the school year: streamlining the money chores, cleaning appliances, taking surveys of fall clothing needs, helping the girls make decisions about how they want to redo their rooms, reorganizing the pantry and working on new menus. You know, the things you're always going to do "next week." So this is the week, and I'm about a third of the way down my list. After Labor Day, when all the new co-op classes and fall activities start, my list better be finished or it will sit there undone until Christmas break. And you know how fast Christmas break goes!

CJ came over today (boy, does that sound strange) and crawled in our bed and took a nap. Then after going back to school for one more class, she came in and cooked dinner for us. Almost like she still lived here. Very nice.

Watched a DVD tonight, "Map of the World" with Sigourney Weaver and Julianne Moore. Very strangely made. . . I'll bet the book was much better. A story any mother could relate to.

So. . . .nothing important to say tonight. . .I'm enjoying the quiet house but sure miss Kristen and Dave and the little elves. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home