Travel season is here!


I'm off tomorrow for a few restful days with Lyric in California. While I'm gone, John will take off for what is ostensibly a business trip to Hawaii but I'm very suspicious of all this work in Paradise :-) Then Bethany leaves for Virginia, to spend some time with her sisters. Later in the month the Russells will leave on a road trip to Virginia, and a week later all the Warrens set out behind them. We'll all be there together for three or four days, and then we'll stay behind another few days after they head home. This will be the first real road trip that we've ever taken with the "B" team...we started thinking a few months ago that we did it often with the "A" team, mainly because we came home to see grandparents in the summers. But we realized that our younger set (not so young anymore!) has never had the privilege of being bored to tears for hours on end in the van, waiting for the next bathroom stop and hamburger, begging to see that cool exhibit with the prehistoric reptiles and buy cheap souvenirs for the unsuspecting recipients at the other end of the road trip. So quick, before they're all completely grown, we're going to splurge and allow them all those pleasures...
Planning for the next school year, which is about 2/3 done, takes a temporary breather starting tomorrow!
.jpg)

9 Comments:
Remember, though, it doesn't REALLY count as a road trip unless you include a portion of I-95, and the 4,673,981,250 signs for South of the Border, on your trip.
www.roadtripamerica.com/places/southof.htm
Oh yeah, and don't forget stopping at Stuckey's for a pecan log roll! And the alphabet game! And the license plate game! And the "99 bottles of root beer on the wall" song that will "entice" your parents to do whatever you want them to do just so you'll be QUIET!! ;-P...
And this "unsuspecting recipient" doesn't need any souvenirs, so tell them to spend their $$ on caffeinated drinks that will force their father to pull over for potty breaks too often. Oh, I forgot, HE'S the one who always wants to pull over...
trish, i like your style! i think the 99 bottles of root beer on the wall is a perfect activity for our family. in fact, when we stop at hotels, i'm going to wake everyone up in the morning with that song, using my absolutely perfect voice. the voice that i get from kristen.
say, have you ever heard of the song "total eclipse of the heart"....?
If you haven't been woken up in the morning to two or more daughters singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" in their wonderfully trained voices, you haven't lived.
And every boy who takes a road trip needs to buy a leather pouch of REAL gold painted rocks. Mine lasted 3 weeks.
I'll take Total Eclipse over Bette Davis Eyes...
ohmyheck, we've driven down to Hilton Head a couple of times and if I ever have to see a "south of the border" sign again, it'll be too soon.
TOGETHER WE CAN TAKE IT TO THE END OF THE LINE....LOVE IS LIKE A SHADOW ON ME ALL OF THE TIME...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I'M ALWAYS IN THE DARK...LIVING IN A POWDER KEG AND GIVING OFF SPARKS...I REALLY NEED YOU TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!But it really does sound better when sis and I sing it, and anyone who says differently doesn't listen to good music like Janis Joplin or Kurt Cobain.
Well...in my wildest dreams I never imagined that Kurt Cobain would be getting airplay on the Symphony blog! ROFL!!
Gosh, this is what our road trips used to sound like. We would be at every rest stop from Landstul to Interlaken, Switzerland, and the whole time, admist the craziness, you could always here the constant sound of Gameboy Mario. I found myself actually kind of sad last summer when I was the only kid in the backseat on the way to CA and it was really quiet because there was no one to fight with.
Post a Comment
<< Home