
O that some door
Were opened to the court of God,
And I might make my case unflawed
Before the Judge of all the world,
And prove this storm has not been hurled
Against me or my children there
Because of hidden crimes. O spare
Me now, my friends, your packages
Of God, your simple adages:
'Be good and strong, but weak when wrong.'
They make good rote and clever song,
But do not hold the wisdom of
Our God. A whisper from above
Is all I have. Yet from it I
Have learned through horrid nights that my
Redeemer lives, and when my skin
Has been destroyed, then from within
Shall I behold him on my side,
And I will live though I have died.
from The Misery of Job and the Mercy of God
by John Piper
Life's a Symphony
music and lyrics to a blessed life. . .a few measures at a time. . .
.jpg)

1 Comments:
I've read through the passage 5 or 6 times and like it more each time.
Post a Comment
<< Home