Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Heave, ho. . .

It's always rough when Lyric is here.

The schedule is tight, the list is long, the workload heavy. Just getting through a stack of eleven movies would be hard enough. . .but then there's the pressure of working in a trip to the theater, several stops at Sonic, shopping online from our two laptops on the featherbed, naps once we've shopped 'til we've dropped, reading aloud from two different books, updating and commenting on all the blogs, and. . .well, you can see the stress we're under. It makes me feel really bad when Lyric so desperately needs a real break from work. I know she could use sleeping in for a few of these mornings, but if we're not up and around by 11 we simply cannot get everything done.

I keep promising her that the next "vacation" will really be restful and "laid back" but it never seems to happen. I take full responsibility and despite the constant obstacles, I'll keep trying. Next time we'll sleep late and just "chill". . .

6 Comments:

Blogger Papa said...

I keep asking them, no, begging them, to slow down, take it easy, throttle back. Because, if you don't have your health...

Wed Nov 02, 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

whoa, we don't attention like that when we visit... wonder what we're doing wrong.

Thu Nov 03, 06:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you two have a rougher life than i do. very sad.

Thu Nov 03, 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger Lyric said...

Well, Annie, the buzz around here is much different about your visit! I can't match that excitement or all the stored up hugs and kisses for little Erin! Ya'll ride at the top of the billboard charts!

Cathi and I joke always joke about our "routine" of nothingness but truth is she and your dad give it to me as a precious gift. This is a hide-a-way for me, a haven, a refuge of rest where I can turn off my brain and just be...

I haven't left the house since I arrived on Monday, perhaps we'll see a movie tomorrow.

Thu Nov 03, 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

now that i can identify with... the only time we leave mom's house is when we're running out for sonic or TCs.

Thu Nov 03, 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger Lyric said...

This week has gone by so fast. While that may sound strange because we kept the pace slow, it's true... :)

We're reading a very inspiring book, watched several good movies, did a little shopping, a little work, I've had wonderful exchanges with everyone in the house. This week has been refreshing and comforting, it's been "family." I forget who said it but...

"Family is whoever lives under the tent of your soul."

Well, my tent has tripled in size in the last few years and this family continually nourishes my soul.

Sun Nov 06, 12:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home