Thursday, September 29, 2005

Duet in C(athryn) minor

CJ and I have been in bed together for two days. She has been having some blackout spells and a collection of other worrisome symptoms lately and had a violent reaction to a spinal tap 48 hours ago. (Go check out her blog for details--lots of them!) I had some minor surgery today (what's that they say about surgery? it's alway minor when it's someone else. . .but in this case I'll admit it was fairly minor) as a followup to my recent hysterectomy. So we're here together taking advantage of the love and care of the rest of the family. We've both got our laptops and we've got FOX News and a feather bed and a 'do not disturb' sign on the door and takeout food whenever we whine enough and probably way too much caffeine. Lyric sent flowers. . .they have CJ's name on them but since she's in my bed, I get to enjoy them too! So what more could you want for a mini-vacation? It would be way fun if we weren't sick! But that's a minor issue. . .I won't complain. It's given us lots of time together and that's always nice. Having six daughters is wonderful, but getting to spend two whole days and nights with one at a time is rare. . .and delicious. It's worth getting sick for :-) :-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is way fun. it's nice taking a week off of school and work...even if we are feeling like raw hamburger meat. everyone should try it.

Thu Sep 29, 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

i've tried it, and i'll admit that it is worth feeling sick to be pampered and sleep in mom's bed. sis if you're especially nice to mom, sometimes she shares her sleeping pills!

Fri Sep 30, 07:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes, i have experienced the sleeping pill joy. and the vicodin joy. they are happy drugs.

Fri Sep 30, 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Um, you were supposed to keep that on the low-down...you never know who's reading. You didn't mention to anyone about the "medicinal" weed, did you?

Sat Oct 01, 08:02:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Um, I'm sick in the head, and sick of no sleep...can I join in the fun? Those "herbs" sound nice about now...
~Stephanie

Sat Oct 01, 12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home