Lights out.
Watching one of your children in chronic pain with no hope in sight...there are no words.
All along we've prayed for just enough light for the next step. And now it's gone dark and I can't see a thing. Where in the world do we go from here...
I trust You, God. But I can't see.
Perhaps I should say...
Oh God, I can't see anything. But I trust You.
.jpg)

3 Comments:
Helplessness. It's anguish. I continue praying and clinging to the comfort of Psalms 139.12...
"...even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."
There was a song that the Barlow Girl's put out that helped me a great deal last summer when the military Dr. told Jeremiah that there was nothing more they could do. I am unsure whether you will like it or not, but if so, it is on both thier first and second album and is called "Never Alone". Another good one from the album second journal entry is called, "Let Go" Let go is a bit harder musically, but talks about trusting Him and letting go. Never alone is about the times when we reach out to Him but fail to see his answers. It talks about the fact that sometimes we cry out without reply and we may not feel Him, but just hold tight to what we know. He has given us the knowledge, I will pray that you continue to hold to that knowing that you are never alone, that He is always with you.
thank you, lora. i know you speak from a place of experience with trusting God when you can't see the path ahead.
Post a Comment
<< Home