Late winter
All right, so December and January didn't quite qualify as a real winter down here in the South Country. But February hasn't disappointed. After a nebulous start including a couple of days with the central air going, winter has nodded our way and given us a taste of what most of you get for three months. This is our second STRAIGHT day of having a fire going all day long, and we're burning firewood that we bought three years ago. It's a time for candles, kerosene lamps, fluffy slippers, hot cocoa and midday coffee, and the general coziness that comes with a day that doesn't get out of the 30's.
Our family is still in the adjustment phase of living without the Slaughters. Some of the adjustments are pleasant, some continue to bring me to tears almost every day. I miss the children. I miss seeing their daddy playing with them. Oh, how I miss Kristen's company. I miss the dog. Oh wait, we still have Ellie! And she is NOT enjoying the freezing temperatures! Anyway, she is no substitute for the elves and their parents, so I'm looking at the calendar and working out a time to hop a plane and go visit. I'd have gone soon in any case, because little Erin is growing up without her Granny and I miss her and her parents even though they've not lived in our house recently :-) Look for me to announce some trip dates soon.
So, I'm back to enjoying the fire.....
.jpg)

3 Comments:
Yeah! Can't wait! I'm sure the elves will keep you properly entertained during your stay.
So, when do the Weltys take over the upstairs bedroom so Erin can have her turn? If nothing else, we are fair about little elves getting to live with Granny.
Done. Im sending over Ike, Abby, and Sam today w/ suitcases. They've never had the happiness of living w/ Papa and Granny either.
Post a Comment
<< Home