Lately, I've been reminded...
...about how effectively the enemy uses one of his favorite tools in my life: the Road of What-If. Too often my journey veers down the access road of this dangerous path and I get lost in a jumble of regret over past mistakes, lost opportunities, and a me that had not had the full benefit of all the graces that God has shown me thus far in my life.
Lord, help me not to become crippled by looking backward. Help me to lean on Your strength for today and tomorrow with a child-like faith that You are in control despite my failures...
.jpg)

3 Comments:
Yeah...that Road...it's definitely NOT the yellow brick road! And the wizard and the Road to What-If has horns!
I find comfort in remembering that He is not surprised by our humanness, our weaknesses, or failures...that's why He came. That's why He stays.
You put it so well. I like the part of Screwtape Letters that mentions how the devil constantly steals our present by getting us to either dwell on the past or long for the future. How I struggle with that! I suppose our plea for wisdom and contentment will continue until our last breath is drawn.... S.G.
"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we
do not see" Heb. 11
Abraham's decendants underwent this type of faith
when they died waiting for God's promised land. The only way they were able
to maintain their faith, was by "looking for a country of their own"
These same words I sent to CJ not too long ago. I am sure even Abraham a noted man of faith, had thoughts so similar. What-if? Well, it wouldn't be His perfect plan. I will pray for you in this area.
Post a Comment
<< Home