Sunday, October 22, 2006

~~~F I N A L E~~~

fi'na'le (Italian m.) the final section of an extended work
with several sections or movements

Today I write my final post on Life's a Symphony. I've loved the time I've spent here...the music theme, the topics, your comments. But as you may know, I've also been trying to keep up another blog and I've had to be honest with myself and admit that I don't have the time, or sometimes even the inclination, to keep writing two blogs. So I've decided to take the best of both and combine them and make my home over at Welcome to Granny's House. I've already started sweeping out corners and moving furniture in preparation for the move. My new blog design will be ready soon and will make it feel more like home--kind of like choosing the paint and carpet for a new house, I've chosen many of the features and Susie at Bluebird Blogs has put all the pieces together beautifully. We'll be rolling out soon, so knock on the door and check back often.

So...as I think about it, perhaps this isn't a "finale" at all. I'd prefer to think of it as just a

mod'u'la'tion. 1The musical technique of changing the key in the course of a composition through a series of harmonic changes. 2The result of such a transition

I hope the harmonic transitions are pleasing ones...and I hope the final result is a comfortable place where I can share my thoughts more often and you can share yours with me. Drop in often for a glass of tea on the porch or a cup of coffee by the fire...

Au revoir.


6 Comments:

Blogger shelley said...

au revior, auf weidersen, gazhuenteit, farewell.

Sun Oct 22, 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Good thing I only correct your spelling in English :-)

Sun Oct 22, 02:25:00 PM  
Blogger Papa said...

Every time I read your post, I hear your voice...and I smile because I'm the "lucky duck".

Sun Oct 22, 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger shelley said...

hey, I KNOW i spelled 'auf weidersen' right, i'm just not sure about the other one.

Mon Oct 23, 01:45:00 PM  
Blogger Candace/Chloe said...

We'll meet you over in the new music hall! ;-)

Mon Oct 23, 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger T2Irish said...

tea, coffee...can we have cookies too??? ;-P

See you at your house! er, blog. er, hopefully both!

Wed Oct 25, 07:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home